We're still operating during our closure while we practice safe, healthy distancing and working from home. We have a few great opportunities for NP Teens in grades 6-12 to participate in or volunteer to help out the community during this time. Check out these great options!
Teen Take & Make Craft Kits:
- Take & Makes for teens in grades 6-12 are available on the first Monday of each month.
- Kits can be picked up after 3:00pm in the library foyer.
- First-come, first-served while supplies last.
Battle of the YA Books:
Ghost Cornhole & Pumpkin Decorating:
Teen Take Out Subscription Boxes:
- Complete our Google Form between Oct 26 and Nov 8 to sign up for the November box.
- The form will reopen on Nov 23 for the December box.
How COVID-19 Impacts College Admissions Webinar:
We're always updating our Teen Calendar with new programs, so be sure to check out the full listing HERE.
Book Review Bloggers
Book reviews serve the community by helping others find the right reading materials. If you love to read and want to share your opinions, you can join our Teen Book Review Crew! All you need to do is read a book in the library's YA or Adult fiction collections, and do a write-up including a brief summary and your opinions. You'll submit all reviews and edits via email, making this a great opportunity for teens with busy schedules. Finished reviews will be published right here on the library's Book Review Blog on our website!
- Read Reviews on the blog here: Teen Book Review Blog
- Full Guidelines for how to participate are here: Book Review Blog Guidelines
NP Teen Book Recommendations
Have you read anything good lately? We are building new book lists to help the community find books they might enjoy. Use social media or email to send us your favorite YA Fiction and Adult Fiction titles for fellow teen readers. We'll compile a full list and will share it throughout our stay-at-home experience to help patrons in New Providence and beyond.
How to share your favorite titles?
- Post on the Library's Facebook page using #NPTeenBookRecs.
- Post on the Library's Instagram feed using #NPTeenBookRecs.
- Post on the Library's Twitter feed using #NPTeenBookRecs.
The New Providence Memorial Library will be closed to the public until further notice with all indoor programming suspended. These dates may be reevaluated as the season progresses.
You may place holds on books and other library materials using our online catalog with your library card. Once notified via email that your holds are ready, you can pick them up, contact-free, in our foyer.
During the closure, patrons can avail themselves of online resources including
- Libby by Overdrive for ebooks and audiobooks
- Kanopy for independent films and documentaries
- Hoopla for ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV series, music & comics
- Tumblebooks with read-along picture books, chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books & graphic novels for kids
- Flipster with a selection of magazines that can be read online
- Rosetta Stone for learning a new language
- Lynda with more than 3,000 online courses in a wide variety of subjects
We appreciate the patience and understanding of our patrons as we contribute to our community’s effort to limit the spread of the virus. Please check our website, facebook page or email distribution for further updates. We hope to be able to offer programming again soon along the following schedule.
The New Providence Memorial Library has programs and services for teens in middle and high school, grades 6-12.
Whether you're looking for
or more, we've got you covered!