The New Providence Memorial Library has programs and services for teens in middle and high school, grades 6-12. Use the quick links below to jump to the info you need!
We're always updating our Teen Calendar with new programs, so be sure to check out the full listing HERE. Scroll down this page for more details on each program!
Teen Take Out Boxes:
- We'll bring back Teen Take Out boxes in the fall!
- (Mark your calendars! These fill up FAST each month!)
- Check our website in Sept to sign up for an October box.
Qi Gong for Teens:
- Join us outside on the library front lawn to learn the ancient Chinese art of Qi Gong.
- Learn basic movements to recenter yourself and help find balance.
- Register via email and complete the required medical waiver.
Nature Silhouette Watercolor Kits:
- Pick up a kit to paint your own watercolor artwork.
- No reservations. First come, first served. For students entering grades 6-12.
- Kits will be available for pickup July 21-23 inside the library by the pickup area.
College Essay Workshop:
- Learn how to wow admissions readers with a well-crafted college essay.
- Alisha Davlin (former undergrad admissions reader) will present this workshop via Zoom.
We're ready for Summer Reading 2021!! Are you??
Teen Volunteer Prize Delivery:
- Signup opens June 1.
- Spaces are limited, so check your schedules now so you'll know when you're free!
Teen Summer Reading Registration:
- Signup opens June 24.
- Register online through ReadSquared. Log your reading. Win Prizes!
NPSD School Summer Reading Requirements:
- We've posted the NPSD School Summer Reading Requirements for each school here.
- Remember, you can find many of the required titles through our catalog!
- Search for titles from saved subject & genre lists on our Browse Our Shelves Teen page!
Book reviews serve the community by helping others find the right reading materials. If you love to read and want to share your opinions, you can join our Teen Book Review Crew and earn volunteer service hourse at the same time! All you need to do is read a book in the library's YA or Adult fiction collections, and do a write-up including a brief summary and your opinions. You'll submit all reviews and edits via email, making this a great opportunity for teens with busy schedules. Finished reviews will be published right here on the library's Book Review Blog on our website!
- Read Reviews on the blog here: Teen Book Review Blog
- Full Guidelines for how to participate are here: Book Review Blog Guidelines
Have you read anything good lately? We are building new book lists to help the community find books they might enjoy. Use social media or email to send us your favorite YA Fiction and Adult Fiction titles for fellow teen readers. If you're looking for titles, check out our Browse Our Shelves Teen lists of books by subjects and genres!
How to share your favorite titles?
- Post on the Library's Facebook page using #NPTeenBookRecs.
- Post on the Library's Instagram feed using #NPTeenBookRecs.
- Post on the Library's Twitter feed using #NPTeenBookRecs.
Don't forget about all the great digital downloads that are available through the Library, too!
- Hoopla for ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV series, music & comics
- Libby by Overdrive for ebooks and audiobooks
- Freegal for free music downloads
- Flipster with a selection of magazines that can be read online
- Kanopy for independent films and documentaries
- Rosetta Stone for learning a new language
- Lynda with more than 3,000 online courses in a wide variety of subjects
- Tumblebooks with picture books, chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books & graphic novels for kids