The New Providence Memorial Library has programs and services for teens in middle and high school, grades 6-12. Use the quick links below to jump to the info you need!
We're always updating our Teen Calendar with new programs, so be sure to check out the full listing HERE. Scroll down this page for more details on each program!
Teen Volunteer Program:
- We're happy to be accepting teen volunteers back in the building as of September 2021!
- Click over to the Teen Volunteer page for more details.
How to Make Your Common App Less Common:
- Learn how to make your Common App stand out from the rest.
- CollegeWise will present this informative session via online webinar.
Teen Take Out Boxes:
- Teen Take Out Boxes are back!
- (Mark your calendars! These fill up FAST each month!)
- Sign up form will open at 3:00PM on Monday, Sept 27 for October boxes.
Book reviews serve the community by helping others find the right reading materials. If you love to read and want to share your opinions, you can join our Teen Book Review Crew and earn volunteer service hourse at the same time! All you need to do is read a book in the library's YA or Adult fiction collections, and do a write-up including a brief summary and your opinions. You'll submit all reviews and edits via email, making this a great opportunity for teens with busy schedules. Finished reviews will be published right here on the library's Book Review Blog on our website!
- Read Reviews on the blog here: Teen Book Review Blog
- Full Guidelines for how to participate are here: Book Review Blog Guidelines
Have you read anything good lately? We are building new book lists to help the community find books they might enjoy. Use social media or email to send us your favorite YA Fiction and Adult Fiction titles for fellow teen readers. If you're looking for titles, check out our Browse Our Shelves Teen lists of books by subjects and genres!
How to share your favorite titles?
- Post on the Library's Facebook page using #NPTeenBookRecs.
- Post on the Library's Instagram feed using #NPTeenBookRecs.
- Post on the Library's Twitter feed using #NPTeenBookRecs.
Don't forget about all the great digital downloads that are available through the Library, too!
- Hoopla for ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV series, music & comics
- Libby by Overdrive for ebooks and audiobooks
- Freegal for free music downloads
- Flipster with a selection of magazines that can be read online
- Kanopy for independent films and documentaries
- Rosetta Stone for learning a new language
- Lynda with more than 3,000 online courses in a wide variety of subjects
- Tumblebooks with picture books, chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books & graphic novels for kids
- GREAT JOB, NP Teens! Thanks for making Summer Reading 2021 a success!
Teen Volunteer Prize Delivery:
- Thank you to all of our fantastic Teen Volunteers in the Prize Delivery team this summer!