The New Providence Memorial Library has programs and services for teens in middle and high school, grades 6-12. Use the quick links below to jump to the info you need!
Teen Programs Summer Reading Volunteer Opportunities
Teen Book Review Blog Study Groups & BrainFuse HelpNow Book Recommendations
We're always updating our Teen Calendar with new programs, so be sure to check out the full listing HERE. Scroll down this page for more details!
Study for finals
Come study for finals or take a well deserved break at the library. De-stress with board games or get some last minute studying done in space reserved just for you. No registration necessary, drop in and out as needed.
Join the Chess Club!
- Mondays @ 5:30-7:00PM beginning Sept 19
- Run by New Providence Teens enthusiastic to teach & share chess knowledge & fun!
- Chess Instruction lectures offered before club meetings @ 4:30PM on specified dates
- Open to Kids, Teens & Adults. Register online at least 1 day in advance through NP Chess Club
Join the NP Math Club - Fridays @ 3:45PM
- Meet weekly with other Math enthusiasts to practice your problem-solving skills
- Weekly challenges to help you learn, plus competition opportunities
- Open to Teens in grades 6-12. Email
- Students must bring their own laptops, paper and pencils
- Math Club will not meet April 7 & April 14
Sign up for a Teen Take Out Box!
- Box of goodies that go out to teens in grades 6-12 every other month
- Contains a YA Fiction book selected for you, plus lots of other fun treats!
- Keep the goodies, just return the book when you finish!
- Signup form for June box opens May 25
Book reviews serve the community by helping others find the right reading materials. If you love to read and want to share your opinions, you can join our Teen Book Review Crew and earn volunteer service hourse at the same time! All you need to do is read a book in the library's YA or Adult fiction collections, and do a write-up including a brief summary and your opinions. You'll submit all reviews and edits via email, making this a great opportunity for teens with busy schedules. Finished reviews will be published right here on the library's Book Review Blog on our website!
Interested? Click here for full Guidelines or
Don't forget about all the great digital downloads that are available through the Library, too!
- Hoopla for ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV series, music & comics
- Libby by Overdrive for ebooks and audiobooks
- Kanopy for independent films and documentaries
- BrainFuse for FREE live online tutoring
- LinkedIn Learning with more than 3,000 online courses in a wide variety of subjects
- Tumblebooks with picture books, chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books & graphic novels for kids
Summer Reading 2023
Summer Reading 2023 will begin on June 26. Check back soon for more details.