Interlibrary loan is only available for:
- items published at least 6 months ago
- items not owned by the New Providence Memorial Library
- New Providence residents only
There is a limit of 3 interlibrary loans per resident, at any point in the ILL process. Interlibrary loans usually take 10 days to two weeks to arrive. You will be notified by e-mail when your loan arrives, or by phone if you do not have an e-mail address.
Borrowing at Other Libraries
You may use your New Providence library card in person at certain other libraries in New Jersey listed below.
- Take your library card and photo ID with you.
- Check the expiration date on your card. If expired, it must be renewed at NPML before visiting the other library.
- Pay NPML fines and return overdue books to NPML before visiting the other library.
- Borrowing restrictions may apply at the other library.
- Items borrowed at other libraries must be returned to that library, not NPML.
- Call ahead to see if they have the item you are interested in.
These libraries in Union County:
These libraries in Morris County & Somerset Counties:
These libraries in Middlesex & Monmouth Counties: