Which devices are compatible with Overdrive?
• Android, iPhone/iPads -- Download the Libby by Overdrive app.
• Fire tablets -- Download the Overdrive app from Amazon (this is an older app that predates Libby).
• Kindles -- To send a Libby e-book to a Kindle, use the Libby by Overdrive app on a supported phone or tablet, or go to eLibraryNJ.com.
• Nooks -- Go to eLibraryNJ.com and transfer e-books manually with a USB cable and Adobe Digital Editions.
Downloading the Libby app:
• Search for Libby by Overdrive in the App Store or Google Play, or go to eLibraryNJ.com.
• Download the Libby by Overdrive app.
• The first time you open Libby, you will be prompted to search for your library. Search by zipcode 07974 or let Libby guess your library.
• Sign in with your library card’s barcode number and PIN (last 4 digits of your barcode).
Check Out and Read Books in Libby:
• Scroll to browse books, or use the search box in the top left corner to search for a particular book.
• Audiobooks have a headphone symbol on the cover.
• If a book is currently checked out, you will see Place a Hold. Otherwise, the button will say Borrow.
• The first time you place a hold, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address. You’ll get an e-mail when your book is available and the book will be auto checked out to you.
• You can change the check out period from 14 days (the default), to 21 days, or 7 days.
• You will be asked if you wish to read the book in Libby, or on a Kindle.
• Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf (bottom right corner of the Libby app)
• Make sure audiobooks are 100% downloaded before you travel.
• From your Shelf (bottom right corner of the Libby app), you can:
-Tap Open in Libby or Open Audiobook to start reading.
-Tap Manage Loan to renew or return a title.
• If you are reading/listening but want to browse/search for other titles, tap Back in top left corner, then tap Library in the bottom left corner.
• Limit of 5 books checked out at one time
• Limit of 5 holds at one time
• Books check out for 7, 14 or 21 days. The default is 14, but you may change it to 7 or 21.