Hoopla Digital Instructions
Which devices are compatible with Hoopla?
• Some smart TVs
Older devices may not be compatible. See hoopladigital.com/help for more information.
Download the Hoopla Digital app
• Search for Hoopla Digital in your device’s app store (Google Play, App Store, Amazon, or Amazon Skills) and download the Hoopla Digital app.
• Open the app and tap Don’t have an account? Sign up.
• Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your library card barcode.
• You only need to log into the app once.
Find and check out books:
• To search for a book, tap Search (magnifying glass) in the bottom right corner.
• To browse for books, tap Books (at the bottom), then tap Audiobooks or Ebooks (at the top in blue), then tap Genres in the top right corner.
• To check out a book, tap the cover, then tap Borrow.
• Before you travel, make sure books say This title is downloaded underneath the Resume button (audiobooks) or Read button (e-books).
Hoopla Kids Mode: A setting in your Hoopla app designed to make discoverability of children's content easier for parents & kids.
- Open the Hoopla Digital app
- Tap My Hoopla in bottom left corner
- Tap the cog symbol in the top right corner to change your settings.
- Tap the slider next to Kids Mode. It will turn blue.
- Tap Back, then tap Video, Music or Books to browse content suitable for children up to 12 years of age.
Limits and due dates
• Limit of 5 loans total per calendar month.
• Books check out for 21 days, music for 7 days and TV/ movies for 3 days.
• Hoopla has a daily library-wide budget cap. If you happen to hit the budget cap, you will get an error message. Try to check out your item again the next day, or anytime after midnight.