You may contact the library and ask a librarian to place your interlibrary loan request.
You may also request an interlibrary loan yourself using JerseyCat. First, log in with your library card number as your username. Your password is the last 4 digits of your card number. Then, search for the book you are looking for and click "Request" when it comes up.
Interlibrary loan is only available for:
- Items published at least 6 months ago
- Items not owned by the New Providence Memorial Library
- New Providence residents only
There is a limit of 3 interlibrary loans per resident, at any point in the ILL process. Interlibrary loans usually take 10 days to two weeks to arrive. You will be notified by e-mail when your loan arrives, or by phone if you do not have an e-mail address.
Borrowing at Other Libraries
You may use your New Providence library card in person at certain other libraries in New Jersey listed below.
- Take your library card and photo ID with you.
- Check the expiration date on your card. If expired, it must be renewed at NPML before visiting the other library.
- Pay NPML fines and return overdue books to NPML before visiting the other library.
- Borrowing restrictions may apply at the other library.
- Items borrowed at other libraries must be returned to that library, not NPML.
- Call ahead to see if they have the item you are interested in.
These libraries in Union County:
These libraries in Morris County & Somerset Counties:
These libraries in Middlesex & Monmouth Counties: